Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Abricott-Pasadena



Lunch can get pretty boring day after day, especially here in Pasadena, where it's not exactly a Foodie Paradise!

So this cute little cafe called Abricott opened on Lake Ave and came to our rescue!

Obviously I had to take advantage of the closeness this is to my work... So I made my way out there for lunch the other day and decided to try their most popular item: Pork Belly Bahn Mi!

Now, I'm not an expert in Bahn Mi sandwiches and therefore cannot tell you if its close to a "traditional" one, I am however, an expert on "Deliciousness", and it was delish!

Being as persnickety as I am with food and specially fat on meat & smells...I was a little worried the Pork Belly would  be just too fatty for me, but it wasn't at all... in fact, I loved it's slightly sweet taste ever so gently caramelized onto the charred meat... yummy, right??

The Bread was a soft french style baguette, lacking in crispiness, but fresh and easy to bite into.
The traditional accompaniments such as the lightly pickled veggies and fresh cilantro added a nice balance.

Bahn Mi Sandwich
Pickled Veggies, Cilantro, Shoestring Fries





Abricott on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yesenia,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/73524/restaurant/West-Hollywood/Pizzeria-Mozza-LA
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/452223/restaurant/Mid-City-West/Animal-LA

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/5/7829/LA/Yesis-Adventures.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yesenia! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/5/7829/LA/Yesis-Adventures.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... pasadena brewery

    ReplyDelete